Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake



This is one of Frank's favorite weekend breakfast options. I like it too because it takes no time to make. Sometimes I'll make it as a midnight snack...

I used to make chocolate chips pancake because I always have chocolate chips at my house. Love the convenience of it especially when you have a pancake craving at 10pm. However, there's no place for maple syrup when you put chocolate chips in the pancake.

Chocolate chips pancake is now a history in my house. I think blueberry pancake is a thousand times better. The tartness from blueberries goes so well with maple syrup. You can taste both the berries and the syrup at the same time. Both Frank and I like our food with layers of flavours. It's something that chocolate chips pancake cannot offer. Also, using blueberries seems like a healthier choice, despite we pour a healthy amount of maple syrup on top...